The Culprits

Saturday, October 10, 2009

My Life in Facebook Status Updates

As a stay-at-home-homeschool mommy, I sometimes can feel a little stranded & alone.........trapped in my busy little world of hugs, kisses, boogers & poo-poo. While I indeed LOVE my life & LOVE all my children, it is nice to be in touch with the outside world a little bit. (Especially since we've only had one car & we can never really venture into the outside world when Justin is at work.) It is hard to talk on the telephone. That takes time. And while I am completely used to the noise at my own house, when friends call me, the noise in the background stresses THEM out. I tell them to ignore the noise, because I AM. But then strange things happen to my friends. For example, one might suddenly have a long lost uncle show up at her door for a visit & she needs to hang up immediately. One might suddenly feel a strong need to go "wash her hair". Or another might need to "walk her dog", which is weird because I thought she only had a cat. Whatever their excuses, I realize they simply do not have my expert "coping-with-the-noise-of-6-boys-skills" (AKA......."ignoring", "zoning out", "going to my happy place"). Either that or they just don't like me. Either way, if it were not for Facebook, most days, I would be completely alone in this world (except for all these kids, of course). So, I will often go back & forth between my mothering tasks & the computer to see what everyone else is doing out there in that strange world of adult humans. For instance, my friend Heather (no, not myself. I may be pathetic, but I am not my only friend........yet) is having chili cheese melts for lunch right now with her hubby & little boy. Sonya is really MAD at Verizon. Lynn is busy doing LOTS of housework (I am sure Justin wishes I was too). Kara is going to the pumpkin patch with her family. I also share the things that happen in my life with everyone else, so they can comment, & I can feel special & less alone on the planet. Below are some posts just from yesterday & today. My life in Facebook status updates.

Heather Haukaas Sturgeon is so happy that her 9 year is describing his big giant snotty sneeze in vivid detail. MAN, I wish I had seen THAT. Except not.
Yesterday at 11:54am

Me:
PS. Jarod is very proud of this post. BOYS.
Yesterday at 12:13pm


Bradley:
Don't you mean . . . Except snot? LOL
Yesterday at 12:36pm

Me:
Yup. I thought that. But I didn't say it. I'm not a boy. (Though I suppose it's bad enough I thought it!)
Yesterday at 12:37pm

Laryssa:
do u remember when Aly put a nasty booger on Sally in the nursery when she was preggers with Annie? she almost puked! boogers r funny! ;)
Yesterday at 1:05pm

Me:
boogers are God's most disgusting creation

Heather Haukaas Sturgeon OH MAN. I just heard Jarod ask Seth, "Do you think the girl I marry will eat her boogers too?!" *sigh* That's one son doomed to bachelorhood.
Yesterday at 5:37pm

Lesley:
Don't worry. Plenty of girls eat their boogers! I have a nine yr old here for him!
Yesterday at 5:42pm


Melyssa:
Me too! they can pig out together! ugh.
Yesterday at 6:40pm

Me:
That is such a relief, albiet......a twisted relief.
Yesterday at 7:02pm

Laryssa : YUCK YUCK and YUCK!!!! ;)
Yesterday at 7:39pm

Mark:
Hilarious!
Yesterday at 8:45pm

Kara:
Hilarious!!!
Yesterday at 8:58pm

Becky:
Cheers!


Heather Haukaas Sturgeon
OK. Just wanted to share this. I noticed a spot on the burner before I started cooking, but didn't think much of it. I have lots of spots on my burners. As I started smelling this awful smell, coming from under my pan as the heat rose, I remembered. Seth & Jarod were cooking flies on it earlier in the day. Nice. I'm smelling re-fried flies. Yum.
Yesterday at 9:52pm


Laura:
Great dinner! Do you need more recipes?
Yesterday at 9:55pm

Deb:
it is never a dull moment at your house, is it?
Yesterday at 9:57pm

Shanna:
Boys! Gotta love them!
Yesterday at 10:03pm

Becky:
What kind of sauce did they use?
Yesterday at 10:39pm

Sarah:
Yum-O!
6 hours ago

Gail:
I have heard flies are an excellent source of protein! :)
5 hours ago

Laryssa: remind me not to eat any raisins from your house. ;) 4 hours ago

Heather Haukaas Sturgeon Oh..............and...............20 min before that.............pulled a necklace bead out of Titus' nose with tweezers.
Yesterday at 10:12pm


Shanna:
Is it bad that I just laughed?
Yesterday at 10:15pm

Me:
nope....I did. actually, Justin pulled it out.
Yesterday at 10:21pm

Me:
I pinned him down.
Yesterday at 10:22pm

Melissa (not Melyssa):
At least you were able to get it out and didn't bring him to the ER for me to do it. LOL. Too funny. Gotta love boys.
Yesterday at 10:25pm

Me:
Awww man!!! Passed up a chance to see you???!!!
Yesterday at 10:27pm

Me:
PS. We are nose pickin' experts, Lisa!
Yesterday at 10:28pm

Melissa:
LOL!
Yesterday at 11:34pm

Michael:
How in the world did that happen?
12 hours ago

Me:
Um......he stuck it up there.
11 hours ago

Sami Jo:
You've got to write a book deary!
5 hours ago

Laryssa:
you could call it, "6 boys & their boogers". 5 hours ago

Heather Haukaas Sturgeon So.......Titus was chattin' me up today. I was kinda sayin', "Uh-huh. MMMmmhmm. Yep!" and only half listening (like a good mother would). But, he got my attention when I heard him say, "Mom. You are WAY bigger than daddy. And daddy is a GIANT." Nice. 45 minutes ago

Heather Haukaas Sturgeon just overheard Seth & Jarod fighting over Isaac. "He's MY padawan." "No! He's MY apprentice!" "No! He's MY padawan!" "No! He's my apprentice!" "He will one day be a Jedi, like me!"
about a minute ago

No comments on the last two. I feel so alone.

5 comments:

Sami Jo said...

I totally read that "GIANT" one to Ben and we thought it was hysterical and he agrees with me about the book thing! Love the pics!!!

Sami Jo said...

JUSTIN! Pink or Green streak? Honestly? I guess Halloween is coming up - tee hee ;)

melyssa said...

I feel bummed and sad when no one comments on my musings, too. That's why I beg for them on my blog. We two, we need a support group for stay at home, homeschooling mommies who need constant validation! Maybe a 12 step program. My name is Melyssa, and I'm a validation hog...hi, Melyssa! Mostly I just want to make sure I'm still alive, since I start to wonder how long it would take for someone to miss me...!

Laryssa said...

i would comment but i'm 2 busy checking facebook to see what the rest of the world is doing....

Kara said...

I so am right there with you Heather on this one. I may only have three girls but I so relate to what you are saying. We also only had one car for a while and I homeschool too so Facebook is my connection to the outside world most days too. You are not alone!