The Culprits

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Mommy Takes a Nap

 Sometimes I think that I can take a little nap. And sometimes I can. Other times.............
 .............................I get a sippy cup in my eye, an elbow in my chin...............
 ....................and develop mysterious breathing
difficulties. Sometimes the boys let me snooze a little while they calmly snuggle me. Other times they wiggle, batter my chin with their elbows some more, dig their toes into my legs, say, "Mommy, I fart!" (Isaac is learning potty talk quite well.......such a proud milestone to be crossing), honk their noses & check to see if mine honks too. That's when I go to hulu.com, find some Smurfs episodes, plop (I mean lovingly set) them in a different chair, go back to my chair alone & happily drift off to La-La Land. With the Smurfs in the background, it's more like "La-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-laaaaaaaa" Land. But that's OK. A tired mama takes what she can get. And she LIKES it. Seth is studying close by, so I know the kids are being watched. I am happily drifting off. Just for a few minutes. That's all I want. Just a little cat-nap, thanks ever so much. That's when.........................  

                                                   
 ..........................a GIANT BOBCAT pounces on my GUT, from the window sill. Thank you, Tom. Really. Not so much what I meant by "cat nap".
 Tom needs to go on the South Beach diet with me. He's freakin' HUGE. But at least he's warm. He snuggles with me. I think to myself, "At least he's holding STILL" and drift off again. That lasts 5 whole minutes. Just when I'm nice & warm, he jumps off and...............
................................Gideon jumps ON to give me lots of kisses cuz he sees I'm not busy & cuz he loves me SOOO MUCH!!!!! Aw shucks. Didn't need that dumb ol nap anyway. I'm up. I'm UP!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Man, I wish I could take a nap every once in a while. But I have severe nap-avoidance syndrome. Even if I need one, I won't take one for fear of wasting daylight hours or that the boys will get into something or... Even if I just sit down to watch TV, the baby and the 4yo roll all over me, fighting for my lap. It is nice (and tiring) to be loved so much.

Misty said...

mommy naps, even with one child at home, aren't easy to come by...
Bless your sleepy little heart!