The Culprits

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Tea Time






My boys (the too-cool teenager excluded, naturally) decided to have a tea party. All on their own. I like tea. I've been drinking a lot of herbal teas lately. The boys, especially Jarod, have been drinking a lot of tea with me. Jarod, to be perfectly clear, was sure to inform me that they were NOT having a tea party, but were, in fact, having "tea time", which is vastly different. They even lifted their pinkie fingers and spoke with British accents the entire time. We didn't have any scones, so they ate popcorn instead. I made them watercress sandwiches, except that I was plum out of watercress, so they had to eat baby kale sandwiches. And they loved them! Weird. They did not, however, dress in their Sunday best, which I believe is proper etiquette for tea time. Or am I just thinking of the stereo-typical-girl-tea party? Nor did all of them come to tea-time fully dressed, and some were still in their PJs. And who knew that proper tea time etiquette included pinkie-finger-lifting while eating sandwiches? Not I! But what do I know about proper tea-parties? I mean....tea time. Proper etiquette, or no, this was a very fun, and very manly TEA TIME. Not tea party. Nope.



2 comments:

Coffee Mommerz said...

Sounds like a wonderful time.

Misty said...

Oh my gosh! I LOVE IT!!!!